G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. Some of the women – including the female mayor – of a small Northern Italian town have prohibited their husbands from visiting a bar with attractive barmaid. NSFW.
2. After controlling for education, race, age, etc., married men earn 44% more income than single men. How much is causal, and what are the causalities?
3. Hanna Rosin cheers the death of Jan Berenstain, the second half of the couple who wrote the Berenstain Bears series. Rosin despises the puritanical message which, according to Rosin, is devoid of humor. She writes:
The world today brings news that Jan Berenstain, co-author with her husband Stan of the 45 years and running Berenstain Bears series for children, has passed on to a better world. As any right-thinking mother will agree, good riddance.
Delighted at someone’s death; setting up narrow boundaries for what constitutes “right-thinking mothers”; ignoring the fact that the books still exist and will be read by many parents to their children despite the death of the authors. We still read Charles Dickens and Shakespeare, right? So Rosin praises this death, it seems, out of pure spite for the person. Where are the uppity, liberal writers making condemnations of people who actually deserved it: Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, etc.? (h/t Ferdinand Bardamu)
4. From 1994, psychiatrist Thomas Szasz on “Socialism in Health Care“.
5. A woman defending mama’s boy’s.
7. How Waiters Read Your Table. I really need to hunker down and write up something long about the similarities between Game and waiting tables.
8. Whatever the New York Times or Obama shill Ezra Klein tells you, Obama and Co. have not tried to implement the suggestions put forth by the Bowles-Simpson Commission.