G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. My piece about the decline of skilled trades has been picked up at Good Men Project. Comments there appreciated.
2. At National Review, Kevin D. Williamson has a piece laying out the case, which most here are familiar with, for why Chicks Dig Jerks. Related and less convincing, Hugo Schwyzer has a piece at Jezebel linking to Heartiste and In Mala Fide laying out the case for why those guys are big meanies for saying that chicks do dig jerks. Schwyzer also relies on tired and untrue statements of women’s false consciousness (flip the script on feminists): that they don’t prefer dominant men over submissive men. Thing is, women prefer acting, assertive men; they’ll take positive actions first, but that brand quickly runs out of supply. They’re left with negative action over positive passivism – which do you think they’ll choose?
3. At eXiled, Mark Ames tries to hoist himself up among the big boys by insinuating that the Koch Brothers deployed a Breitbart henchman to write up a hit piece on him. Ames, the same guy whose books are hovering around the 100,000 Amazon sales ranking; the same guy who sometimes writes for The Nation and occasionally appears on Russia Today i.e. places where Obama neckbeards are deeply entrenched i.e. places where the Kochs would be “willing” to let hacks peddle their influence. But most laughable in Ames’ death dance is his unabashed statement that, between him and Breitbart, Ames won. How? Because Breitbart kicked the bucket. This just strikes me as a weak argument even considering that arguments in the internet don’t follow the normal lines of logic. The argument fails on logical grounds, of course, but it doesn’t even play in the shadow logic realms of the Web. For Ames to say that he beat Breitbart because Breitbart died is the same as Hakeem Olajuwon saying that he beat Michael Jordan to win the NBA Championship during Jordan’s short hiatus from the game.
4. Just the facts ma’am. Breitbart died on March 1. Breitbart Breitbart claims he had the drop on Barack Obama. Breitbart had a history of heart problems. Breitbart confidant claims that tapes with Obama alongside former Weather Underground members will be released within a week to ten days.
5. Obama tells Bill Simmons that Sportscenter “is the one thing she [Michelle Obama] allows me to control.” You’re the President of the United States of America, man, act like it.
6. Another aspect of the birth control no-copay mandate: since consumers won’t have to worry about cost, they’ll opt for more expensive name brands; Big Pharma companies will take full advantage of this distorted market to jack up prices even further. And of course, you know what the narrative will be. It’ll be that Big Pharma companies are greedy; it won’t be that the government set the table at which they stuffed themselves.