1. Writing at the American Enterprise Institute, Andrew Biggs discovers “eracing”.
2. Get the government out of the student loan business.
3. Ross Douthat discusses the explicit social conservatism of “Girls”. This was made clear in the second episode when Jena Dunham’s character Hannah Horvath expressed a lack of sympathy for women who have abortions after having sex without birth control. It’s feminism with shame.
4. Jezebel suggests that George Zimmerman’s old Myspace page might pose problems for his case because he describes women as “hoes” and Mexicans as “thugs”. Did this chick see Trayvon Martin’s twitter feed?
5. Reihan Salam on SSDI and its increase, particularly during recessions.