G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. Another article about the GOP’s white base problem.
2. A profile of a poor woman caught in the cycle of poverty. I was drawn to this article through Facebook acquaintance who suggested that the fix for this cycle was to tithe. I don’t think that would work. Of special interest to me in this piece is this passage:
Cole, who is heavyset and laughs easily, has tattoos of her children’s names and her own nickname — triste, or sad in Spanish. She tells her children to study and stay away from drugs. She warns Destiny that boys are trouble.
A lot of meat in that graph, but the mommy tattoo phenomenon fascinates me.
3. A strange methodology in an experiment to determine whether men or women are viewed differently as sex objects. The study determined that women are more often viewed as sex objects than men.
4. Walter Russell Mead nominates a New York Times piece vilifying Wisconsin governor Scott Walker but failing to mention that he’s leading heavily in a recall election.
5. New York state legislators want to ban anonymous online commenting in order to prevent cyber-bullying.