1. It’s nice to see Left-anarchists mixing up their messages. Pajama Media reports on Occupy Oakland protesting law enforcement efforts to fight sex trafficking on the grounds that it punishes sex workers and is racist. This is like saying that punishing murderers is racist just because most of them happen to be not white.
2. PBS has a piece on one black Chicago-area family’s efforts to “Shop Black for a Year”.
3. Paternity testing, in utero.
4. Muslim convenience store owner in Detroit gets attacked by a group of “youth” after confronting them after they looted his store. It went down as expected. The owner is contemplating going out of business. This ties in to story #2 above.
5. Mark Steyn links to a post reviewing David Maraniss’ book on Barack Obama which focuses on Obama’s family tale of his Kenyan paternal grandfather’s torture at the hands of British troops.