G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. A piece I wrote for Good Men Project on the response to gold medal winner Greg Rutherford’s redheadedness.
2. More Hugo Schwyzer idiocy. This time he argues that this Olympics provides strong proof that women are sexual creatures in the same way men are. They like “himbos” like Ryan Lochte. After lauding women’s attraction to the himbo as an example of women’s biology escaping the shackles of society, he writes:
The himbo’s laziness lies in his sense of entitlement, his expectation that he can have sex anytime he likes by doing little more than lifting his shirt to display his magnificent abs. The message to women is unmistakable: “If you want equality, fine, but you get to do all the real work. I’m just gonna stand here and look hot.”
Example #1,276,902 of women wanting it both ways. Schwyzer just described bimbos – the female type – but doesn’t seem to know it.
3. Slate’s Dave Weigel on The Newsroom and retarded celebrities versus The Kochs.
4. I like what Ramesh Ponnuru says about bringing back the political TV show “Crossfire” but without the politicos. I made a similar argument about debate in general. We need to bring debates back to the forefront to fully expose and test ideas and arguments on society, culture, policy, and science.
5. Reading up on media manipulation and came across a 2007 exchange between Jimmy Kimmel and a Gawker writer. Kimmel lays waste to the Gawker writer who penned a self-indulgent piece for the New York Times shortly after about her travails as a blogger and Gawker writer.