G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. ManBoobz thinks that because Game bloggers discuss alpha and beta males and because the concept of the alpha male was first applied to wolves, the disavowal of that hypothesis by the researcher who first proposed it means that Gamers are full of shit. But while guys who think about sexual relations may sometimes draw on the animal kingdom to learn about human female behavior patterns, they surely didn’t place all their eggs in the alpha wolf basket. It’s pretty simple, in a given social milieu, the socially dominant male gets the spoils. Social dominance can be a function of physical or intellectual dominance too. But wolves aren’t the only other social animals, and they were never considered the closest model for human behavior. On that note, a recently produced documentary about the Java Macaque.
3. Will Wilkinson pushes back on the lie that proponents of small government or are naturally racist.
4. Double standard: women are praised and celebrated for masturbation; men’s masturbation is perceived as an act of desperation.
5. nydwracu links to a Q & A at Reddit of a geneticist who researches racial differences. Interesting.
6. Just an update to an old story, in case anyone was curious: That attack that took place in Richmond, Virginia last year – the one that, IIRC, was the black-on-white attack that set me on a path towards investigating interracial crimes – I asked the victim of that attack if his attackers were ever arrested. He said that they never were. Sad.