G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. More liberal cat obsession, this time as a lame advertisement created by the city of Charlotte ahead of the DNC. (h/t Dain Fitzgerald)
2. Dating coach believes Bed, Bath, and Beyond is underrated in terms of places for men to pick up women. He also warns against the humblebrag as it is transparent.
3. Matt Lewis on dog whistling. Says that the purpose of coded language is for it to only play to members of the group, as when Obama used the Malcolm X-cribbed terms “hoodwinked” and “bamboozled”.
4. Though I’ve been guilty of mocking white trash, I consider myself an equal opportunity mocker. The same can’t be said for the prestige press whose double standard is showing. Let’s continue making fun of Honey Boo Boo and all that, but then let’s go scour the ghetto for a family of Precious’, put them on TV, and ridicule them as well.
5. More evidence supporting the Kevin Williamson “Alpha Romney” piece. Romney apparently snagged his wife Ann by asking her then boyfriend if he, Mitt, could drive her home from a school function. I wonder who that guy is and which candidate he supports.
6. John McWhorter asks if Romney is a race-baiter. As I’m realizing with much of McWhorter’s stuff, it’s soft, mushy-mouthed, and inconclusive.