G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. Good article at The American Conservative: “Revolt of the Rich“.
2. Inside a sex-offender “community” on Long Island.
3. Atheist-feminist writer is calling it quits because she’s tired of getting picked on.
4. $750 billion wasted annually in health care spending. Unnecessary services are the largest category. Reminds me of when I had sciatica and was sent to a neurologist who ran a battery of tests, injected Cortisone into my tailbone – none of which worked. Finally, I was sent to the much cheaper physical therapist and was fixed.
5. Commenter soren points me to a two year old piece at Ms. Magazine written by a feminist who tries to rationalize her lack of attraction to men shorter than herself. This is a perfect example of where what is called “social construction” is rooted in biologically-important distinctions. There is a biological advantage to height for men and it has become a socially valuable characteristic. Its social importance may now be an amplification of the biological importance but the distinction isn’t entirely rooted in social brainwashing.
6. I have to laugh. The blogger OzyFrantz from Good Men Project is trying to drum up attention for a petition being circulated to get the name of Columbus Day changed to Exploration Day. The petition was begun on a White House-affiliated website, and if it reaches 25,000 signatures President Obama will take a look-see at it. Two weeks after its created the petition has just under 900 signatures.