G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. According to Jovan Belcher’s mother, Belcher and Kassandra Perkins were fighting over the paternity of their 3 month-old daughter before he shot her and then killed himself. (h/t Heartiste)
2. At The American Conservative, Samuel Goldman writes on liberals’ ideological bubble. Because of exposure to liberalized mass media, conservatives have no choice but to confront liberalism, yet liberals only meet caricatures of conservatives which they meet through the very same liberal media. So liberals know much less about actual conservatives than conservatives know about actual liberals.
3. At Jezebel, Kate Harding has a message for MRAs. She really showed all 14 of them.
4. A guy named Richard Perez-Pena (sorry, my keyboard isn’t equipped to handle the accents and tildes that belong on the guy’s name) writes an article at NYT titled “Courting Merit Scholars Opens Door to Questions“. I didn’t know it, but the University of Oklahoma has the highest number of National Merit Scholars of any public university in the country. They lure them in with various financial inducements, and some (NYT writers and deans at competing schools) have a problem with it.
5. Afternoon workouts may be best for our natural circadian rhythms. This is great news for me as I usually work out at about 2 or 3 p.m. every day before work. The problem for me is the work part. Working at night probably neutralizes the positive effects of afternoon workouts.