1. Sports columnist Jason Whitlock essentially calls Thomas Sowell a house Negro.
2. David Frum issues a brief and measured call for elites to acknowledge the downsides of illegal immigration. This is more of the parallax view. What’s good for the elite is not necessarily what’s good for the masses.
4. From Slate’s Lexicon Valley, a discussion on “vocal fry”.
5. An article from a Jamaican newspaper blaming men for putting too much pressure on women to orgasm. It reads like it was written in 1982, both in terms of prose and subject matter.
6. Rod Dreher addresses a writer who complains about the upcoming reality TV show “All My Babies’ Mamas” about a rapper who has 11 kids with 10 different women. The writer, Nick Chiles, thinks the white TV producers are making fun of black stereotypes. Dreher points out that Honey Boo Boo, Jersey Shore, and the upcoming Buckwild exists. I’d throw in 16 and Pregnant, which is a show most showing white teen moms when it would be more statistically accurate to show single teen moms who are black or Hispanic.
7. Since Bill Simmons won’t do it, a writer at Grantland discusses the nature of public race discussions going forward.