1. Seventy-four percent of pregnancies to women in the Navy are unplanned.
2. The geography of drunk driving.
3. A meta-analysis of research on changes in the timing of puberty. According to at least some of the research covered here, puberty age declined and then increased over the past half century.
4. Tips for NYC cab drivers aren’t keeping pace with increased fare.
5. Mexican drug traffickers funding narcolimosmas, narco churches:
Drugs and gods are an ancient couple in Mexican society; narcos are no strangers to giving alms to the Catholic church in bids of redeemer, and to playing up the image of an Escobar-ian “benevolent social bandit,” as Dr. Howard Campbell, professor of anthropology at the University of Texas at El Paso and author of Narco-Propaganda in the Mexican Drug War: An Anthropological Perspective, would put it.
This helps drug lords maintain the cover of the populace who are used as a buffer between the narcos and the centralized policing agencies. (h/t Matt Forney)
6. Jim Goad on All My Babies’ Mamas.
7. Vox Day on the feminized church.
8. Women pens an “open letter” to a guy who rode past her on a bike and asked/told her to smile. She wrote the letter online where the guy most likely will never see it instead of telling the guy to STFU or something. Women and feminists never get called out for the keyboard warriors that they are. The feel so helpless out in the real world that they work in the virtual to change it.