G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. A piece on the head of the National Center for Men, Mel Feit, perhaps the original MRA.
2. John Dolan smacks the hell out of Richard Blanco, the Inaugural Poet (h/t Matt Forney):
And why, god damn it, does the chosen inaugural poet have to be perhaps the dullest of all the dull poets who ever infested the wastelands of Iowa?
3. TechCrunch is reverting from using anonymity-killing Facebook comments back to allowing profile comments:
But we eventually discovered that our anti-troll tactic worked too well; The bullies and asshats left our comments sections, but so did everyone else. Now, several years later, after dozens of endless meetings and conference calls, we’ve decided we’re going to try out Livefyre instead of Facebook Comments.
Just taking GLP as an example, the mainstay commenters enjoy interacting with trolls. The common adversary bolsters the connection between the non-trolls.
4. Steve Sailer’s piece on Paul Graham whose essay I covered the other day.
5. David Brooks’ latest column, “The Great Migration“, which is essentially about the New Big Sort of elites into small enclaves in certain select geographic areas a la Charles Murray. Rod Dreher discusses.
6. Ron Unz discusses meritocracy and his piece contains a quick link back to GLP.