G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. According to Jezzie, the best age for a woman to have an abortion is 25. One commenter said that she’s as pro-choice as anyone, but there’s no reason to treat abortion so flippantly. “It’s not like deciding to buy a new pair of shoes.”
2. Several on twitter link this: paternity testing is illegal in France.
3. Dreher links to a list of one guy’s observations on creating on the internet. Here’s one:
Writing isn’t highly regarded by anybody, even in publishing. There’s a lot of romanticism and inane adolescent fantasy about being a writer, but little to no follow-through by anybody, especially not those who call themselves writers. It seems like very few people actually enjoy writing, they just want to enjoy the fruits of popular writing (not necessarily good writing). I’ve even heard people suggest, on more than one occasion, that those who manage to get attention for their work through good writing are basically cheating. This was from people whose careers hinge on being published.
4. Yale is taking an Obamaesque tack in regards to the due process granted students accused of “intimate partner violence”.
5. First Toure and then Chris Rock. The problem the sychphantation here highlights is that both of these men are good examples of the typical Obama voter. Not just because they are black, but because the liberals who voted for Obama are the least skeptical of the Commander-in-Chief than any other voter cohort in recent times.
6. Via Jack Donovan, “One Billion Rising” held on V-Day will protest the billion women who will experience sexual assault or violence during their lifetimes. The organization behind it invites members to dance and hold flash mobs and other pseudo-activist activities.
7. Asian ethnics’ voting patterns. 96% of Bangladeshi voted for Obama versus 44% of Vietnamese voters. There were also strong regional differences.