1. Slate talks about murder rates in South Africa in light of Blade Runner shooting his girlfriend. Ignores the obvious.
2. Character formation and menial jobs.
3. Granted, it’s only Thought Catalog, but some little pixie over there writes a how-to on slapping a jerky boyfriend. She tries to cover all of her bases – environment, script, delivery. What she forgets to consider: what if the dude hits back?
4. Clayton Cramer compares murder rates in northern U.S. states to those of Canadian provinces.
5. Charles Murray tweeted a link to the documentary below. A Norwegian program called Brainwash looks at genetic race differences. Both Murray and Gregory Cochran seem most intelligent in the doc. Richard Lynn comes off poorly. I would have liked to see James Flynn’s input.
Of note: the boldness with which the filmmaker opened with a comparison to dogs which also happens to hit on the discussions about pitbulls; the Asian woman is annoying and an idiot; Cochran’s point that it is a poor argument to say that IQ tests only measure adaptation to modernity; we live in modern times of our own making and so metrics which measure scores which indicate ability within this environment are important.