G.L.Piggy [at] gmail.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
1. I say stop with the comparisons between Lena Dunham and Philip Roth. A character created by Lena Dunham dubbed herself “a voice of her generation” and people are taking it at face value. Roth never had to say that about himself, but many people foisted it on him anyway. Dunham needs a body of work first.
2. Rod Dreher discusses another flash mob.
4. Instapundit links to a series of Life photos of co-eds from 1969. None of them are fat.
5. A Canadian female tennis player quits the sport after some cyberbullying. Strong woman.
6. Jonah Goldberg on Hollywood liberalism. He makes the case that shows like All in the Family which were meant to depict Archie Bunker (and the people who were like him) as a buffoon backfired. I wouldn’t be so sure. People may have developed an affection for Bunker, but the message was still working underneath that superficial acceptance of the character. (h/t Exurban Curmudgeon)